5/15/2013

May Asos and River Island Summertime Haul

The sun came out!!!!!

For a whole week. Now it's raining again.

But in that week I felt massively summery, and realised my wardrobe is basically full of grey, black and navy. Not exactly inspiring on hot days.

So I went on a huge online shopping spree which I couldn't afford but that's life isn't it.





My first buy was this gorgeous kimono, which was on sale at £10 from River Island. I realised I only have thick chunky cardigans which aren't really ideal for hot summer days, but I still like to cover my arms and shoulders up so this kimono was ideal. The material is lovely for the price I paid, and the length is just right.





 These amazing retro looking glasses were £6 in the Asos sale. I love the cat eye shape, but the added mirrored "eyebrows" make a retro shape so modern. They are huge and oversized, and came with a free sunglasses bag which is always a bonus.




I have plenty of plain black and plain white t-shirts, but no lighter, more summery options. This cami is ideal (£10 from River Island). It has a slight swing shape to it, and adjustable straps. It's a silky sort of material which feels lovely and light. I'll be wearing this with black Levi shorts and my floral kimono.



And finally, my midi ring. This was in a pack of three from Asos, which was £5. I've wanted a midi ring for ages but everywhere is either sold out, or sells horrible over the top designs. I just wanted a simple silver band as I already wear a lot of rings, and this one is great. (Please excuse my horrific picked cuticles, no hiding them!)

I've also purchased a handful of new bikinis which I'll be posting about as soon I've got some pictures in the daylight. It may still be raining but it's summertime in my head!

Charlotte
x